Orthodontic Treatment For Teens
The most common time to get orthodontic treatment is between 11 and 14-years-old when all the permanent (adult) teeth have come through
Treatment in teenagers has many benefits including giving your teen a nicer smile, build their self-esteem and give them a boost of confidence. Teenagers will be able to maintain better oral hygiene habits with straighter teeth so they can have healthy teeth and gums for life.
Orthodontics for teens at Northcote Dental
When to Treat Teens
While we recommend that you bring your child in for assessment by the age of seven-years-old, sometimes treatment is best to be done when all permanent teeth (except wisdom teeth) have come through. This is usually at the age of 11 to 14 years old. Bring your teen to see our dentists at Northcote Dental so they can let you know when is the best time to start orthodontic treatment.
Benefits of Treatment as a Teen
- Able to handle dental treatment
- Jaws and bone are still not fully grown so movement of teeth is quicker and correctable
- Prevents or reduces problems from developing into adulthood
- Treatment time is shorter and less complicated than as an adult
- Reduces the need for complicated facial or jaw surgery as an adult